Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Learning at Zoo Atlanta

We had such a great time learning at the Atlanta Zoo. We wanted to share with you some of the cool things that we learned about different animals and their habitats. Do you know something interesting about an animal that you would like to share? Please leave it in a comment.

J.I: What I learned at the Atlanta Zoo is when a flaming is cold it curls its neck to its back so it looks like a giant puffball with legs. Something else I learned is that Atlanta Zoo is one of the largest zoo's in the country.

D.C:  I learned that flamingos live up to 20 years in the wild and up to 50 years in captivity. Adult flamingos are pink because they eat pink shrimp. Pandas are meant to be carnivores but they eat plants.

Z.F:   I learned that gorillas walk with their knuckles because they have callused knuckles.

C.A:  What I learned in the Atlanta Zoo is that was where Ivan lived. There are lots of smart animals. While we were down there,I discovered that Pandas eat more than 300 pounds of bamboo a day.

  A.P: The first thing I learned at the zoo was that there is a snake called a Spitting Cobra. They shoot venom into your eyes. Next,I saw an alligator turtle which is a turtle with an alligator's skin as a shell. Last,I learned that a python doesn't have teeth. I also learned that it can eat an alligator whole.
A.M:  I learned that the gorilla eat fruit, insects, vegetables, and leaves. They are fast and can live up to 30 or 40 years. Ivan lived for 50 years.

E.G:    One thing I learned at the zoo is that gorillas are mostly vegetarians, and that silver backs are the leaders.

M.H:   I learned at the zoo that male gorillas are silver backs but the baby boy gorillas aren't a silver back yet.

L.C:    What I learned at the Atlanta Zoo is Gorillas are mainly vegetarians. I learned that Meerkats might like to eat pumpkins. Another thing I learned is Vultures are big birds that mainly eat dead things. I also learned that all male gorillas turn into a Silver back.

N.E: I learned at the zoo that flamingos eat fruit vegetables and pink shrimp. They are pink because of the shrimp they eat.

J.P:I learned that you shouldn't tease the reptiles because if you do they will get mad at you. Example:Snakes will strike at the glass if you tease them or bother them.

C.C: What I learned at the zoo was pandas were made to be carnivores but, they made adaptions and now they are vegetarians.


B.C:I learned that gorillas get fed twice a day. They are tomatoes and apples when we were there.
Do you know something interesting about an animal that you would like to share? Please leave it in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment